Civitella del Tronto
The Fortress, with an area of 25,000 square meters, is one of the largest and most important works of military engineering in Europe, it was built on a medieval structure and completely transformed since 1564 by Philip II of Habsburg and then by the Bourbons in 1734. In the fortress, there is the Museum of Arms, four rooms that conserve ancient weapons and maps.
The historic village is very typical and characterized by robust architectures, small churches and narrow streets, such as the “ruetta”, the narrowest street in Italy. Civitella del Tronto is known for local craft like wrought iron, wood carving and ceramics. The little village is a paradise of flavors for its delicatessen, cheese, black truffles and mushrooms.
The fortress - One of the most important example of military engineering in Europe, it has an elliptical shape and an area of 25,000 square meters.
Museum of Arms - Four rooms that safeguard weapons and maps related to the ancient history of Civitella del Tronto.
Collegiate Church of San Lorenzo – It was built at the end of the sixteenth century, it safeguard remarkable paintings from the seventeenth century.
Church of San Francesco – The church is interesting for the bell tower, the fine rose window and the wooden choir of the fifteenth century.
Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli - It is also called the church of “the Scopa” thanks to the Brotherhood that settled there.
Palazzo del Capitano
The Abbey of Montesanto – It is one of the first Benedictine centres of Abruzzo (VI century).
Nact, Museum of texile arts – The museum has the most important italian collection of the historic texile industry.
National Park of Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga
Ceppe – Homemade pasta served with meat sauce
Bourbons fillet - Thick slice of bread with meat, mozzarella and anchovies, flavored with marsala wine
Spezzatino alla Franceschiello – Chicken and lamb meat served with hot sauce, pickles and white wine