The rebirth of the Teatro La Fenice in Venice
Built and designed by G.A. Selva, it was opened May 16, 1792, though at the time it was just one of the many private theaters that offered dramatic or musical shows to public. The birth of his legend is related to much more dramatic events: for the irony of the fact, Theatre was destined to rise again from its own ashes twice in the space of 200 years. A first fire destroyed it completely in 1876, but it was later rebuilt perfectly identical to the original. During the nineteenth century, then it became one of the most important opera houses of Italy, and was home to several world premieres of works by great composers of our own such as Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti and Verdi.
From the pain of loss was born the desire to reconstruct the historic theater, a project that was completed in eight years, ended December 14, 2003 with the inauguration of the new and current structure, with a concert by the great orchestra director Carlo Muti. A true immortal treasure, a classic example of Italian-style theater with its golden antlers and its baroque elegance, a marvelous work of Made in Italy, symbol of rebirth such as the mythological bird from which it takes its name.