Cassinetta di Lugagnano, The village of noble residences
The heritage of the country is represented from the noble residences belonged to the most aristocratic famiglie of Milan. They are called “building home”, and they were used by its owners as dwellings for resort. We remember Villa Negri, the first historical dwelling you meet on the Naviglio, villa Birago Clari Monzini, the oldest and biggest dwelling on the right river, and villa Cattaneo Krentzling, an house surrounded by a protective wall. It stands on the river of the Naviglio beyond villa Visconti Maineri. Near the bridge it appears the neoclassical villa Visconti Castiglione Maineri.
Parish Church of Sant’Antonio Abate – Built in 1435, the church was restored in 1731 with the construction of a bell tower and the decoration of the interiors.
Oratory of St. Joseph – Built in the first half of the eighteenth century by the architect Carlo Federico Castiglioni for his house in Cassinetta.
Oratory of St. Carl – Built in 1954, it is placed near the church.
Statue of San Carlo Borromeo – It was built in 1749 to remember his short break in the village in 1584: he was sick and he stopped here while he was sailing on the Naviglio Grande directed to Milan, where he died shortly afterwards.
Gorgonzola cheese – A veined blue cheese made from unskimmed cow's milk
Carnaroli rice - A short-grain rice used primarily to make risotto
Patron Saint’s Festival – It takes place in the second sunday of September
Wildboar Festival – September