Egyptian museum of Turin
The collections were merged in 1824 by order of the Italian king, and together with various smaller collections they became the basis for the newly opened Egyptian Museum in Turin. The third and larger influx arrived thanks to the field work of the museum director himself in early 1900s. Today the museum houses over thirty thousand relics from prehistoric Egypt through the Sixth century.
The biggest attractions for the general public are probably the tomb of the architect Kha, which is exhibited in its entirety, including dozens of perfectly preserved items and papyrs; the Nubian temple of Ellesija, which an Italian project saved from being submerged; the Golden Mines papyr, the most ancient road map ever; and the mysterious Bembine Tablet, a bronze relic built with Egyptian technology but decorated with fake hieroglyphs of Roman origin. The museum collections are however priceless for their significance and sheer volume.