Saint-Vincent, Thermal Locality
Particularly suitable for the treatment of respiratory diseases, the waters of the Baths of Saint Vincent spring from a rock at 670 meters above sea level and are Renewed in 2012, the spa supports now the traditional cures with a wide range of wellness areas and beauty services. The thermal Baths, along with the casino, are the main attractions that draw tourists, but Saint-Vincent is also a place that offers a monumental heritage of all respect, enjoying a strategic position, because it allows you to visit the east-central part of the region, from castles to Val d'Ayas, from Valtournenche to the Mont Avic Park.
10 THINGS TO DO IN SAINT-VINCENT
1. VISIT THE CASINO DE LA VALLÉE, one of the most important gambling houses in Europe and today the main tourist attraction of Saint-Vincent, with 95 gaming tables, 500 slot machines and a brasserie to dine and watch performances.
2. FOLLOW THE PATHS OF THE COL DE JOUX, a woody pass linking Saint-Vincent with Brusson lined fractions characteristics and crossed by beautiful woods.
3. SKIING IN THE AREA OF THE COL DE JOUX, which offers 8 km of slopes of varying difficulty, all with artificial snow, served by a double chairlift, a ski lift and three treadmills.
4. VISIT THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST VINCENT, in Romanesque style, built by the Benedictines in the XI century.
5. MOVE TO CHATILLON TO SEE ITS CASTLES, including the Ussel Castle, located on the cliff top overlooking the plain of the country, the main center of the valley after Aosta.
6. SPENT A RELAXING AFTERNOON AT THE SPA OF SAINT-VINCENT (Viale IV Novembre, 100), whose route passes through three indoor pools all with Jacuzzis, cervical jets and vascular treatments. To complete the offer three saunas, emotional showers, ice falls and a wide range of treatments, from massage therapy to beauty treatments.
7. BUY THE TYPICAL PRODUCTS OF THE REGION STOPPING AT LES SAVEURS D'ANTAN, a shop where you can find all the traditional regional flavors: cheese, sausage, honey and jams, cakes and a wide selection of wines, grappas and local liqueurs.
8. DINE IN A PURE VALDOSTANA STYLE LOCATION BOOKING A TABLE AT RISTORANTE LE GRENIER, renowned for its fine cuisine and elegant service. Le Grenier’s proposals ranging from the classics of local tradition in gourmet key to innovative dishes where you can rediscover the flavors and aromas of the world.
9. TASTE EXCELLENT LIQUEURS AT DISTILLERIA CORTESE (IV Novembre avenue, 5), a little retro distillery which boasts, for over 50 years, a production of liqueurs, grappas and many other products produced by the processing of medicinal plants typical of Aosta Valley.
10. TRY THE MASTERPIECES OF THE HISTORIC PASTICCERIA MORANDIN (via Chanoux, 105), where Mauro Morandin, owner, master confectioner and son of art, carries on the family tradition started in 1966. From the jams to the leavened cakes, from candy to chocolates, all is prepared with passion in front of the laboratory.